20 October 2005

U2 @ MCI v2

I was lucky enough to acquire a floor ticket for the second U2 show, and it was definitely worth it. We found a good spot on the right side, up against the fence that separates the path into the ellipse (still not lucky enough to get inside), and ever so slightly elevated by the metal grating. This allowed us to be awesomely close when they were on the ellipse but not get trampled and still able to see when they were on stage.

Among the guests at tonight's show: Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Rick Santorum, and Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice (and a number of accompanying security).

Each year, one of my friends sends out one of those questionnaires and it always includes "What's your favorite sound?" I always answer "the opening notes of Where The Streets Have No Name live." And tonight I realized that's completely true - it makes me unreasonably happy.

As I mentioned yesterday, it's a different show every night. Tonight we were treated to Wild Horses and Walk On. Unfortunately, they didn't end with 40, but considering that the trade-off was Bad, I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home