31 May 2006

Upcoming Shows That Tempt Me

I’m looking at a refrigerator door devoid of tickets and wondering how I’ll spend my summer. There are a few shows that are tempting, some merely interesting, and a few downright scary (I’m looking at you Ashlee Simpson).

Dave Matthews Band on June 24 except that it’s at Nissan Pavilion and the same weekend as the Wine & Food Festival.

Echo & The Bunnymen on June 26th at the Black Cat.

There are others that make me think about going (ABC, English Beat, Jello Biafra from the Dead Kennedys) but not enough to make me pull the trigger.

I’d say something snide about the Def Leopard / Journey matchup, but they're at least raising money for Music Rising, so I can’t really say anything.

And of course, Nickelback at Merriwether, which brings to mind the comedian who said, “It’s not violent music that makes people violent; it’s bad music that makes people violent. For example, Nickelback makes me want to kill Nickelback.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home