20 March 2006

S-A-T-U-R-DAY...NIGHT!

A newly single co-worker and I set out on the town on Saturday night, starting at Lush in Georgetown for a party to try their "dirty" (mud-based) products. Well, we really go for the samples, but I bought one of the honey-bunny soaps and the charcoal toothpaste.

From there we walked to Dean & DeLuca for my fancy granola that they suckered me into with free samples the last time I was there plus these amazing cookies from Amy that are like Oreos but if oreos were made from Valrhona chocolate and Kalhua Creme. At $26/lb they are a rare indulgence but oh so worth it. And as always we marveled at those fortunate few you always see at Dean & DeLuca doing their regular grocery shopping for the week there.

We walked back down to 28th & M to our favorite King of Falafel to join up with Coquette Cutie and revel in the falafel goodness. Sit at the counter and get the falafel platter - you won't regret it. Though next time I think I might go for the veggie platter since it's falafel, hummous plus baba ganoush. And dinner for less than $8 - what a bargain! (Actually I think that was the least expensive part of the evening.)

We walked back to pick up the car and head over to Cafe St. Ex for drinks. We moved downstairs and found it suprisingly easy to get a table. Oh, and if you have untapped DJ desires, you can bring your iPod and playlist to the downstairs lounge on the second Wednesday of every month and see if you have what it takes.

After that we found more friends who'd been searching for parking and headed to the Black Cat for the combined Mousetrap + Right Round dance party. Okay, so I never left the back stage to check out Mousetrap but by all accounts DJ Lil 'e had the better music mix going on. She had the Friend Service up on the stage and dancing 'til the wee small hours.

A final stop at Silver Diner for breakfast completed the night. I did remember to drink my Urban Detox before I went to bed which seems to have saved me from the combined effects of the smoke-filled bars and the Stoli Vanil + diet cokes I was drinking all night.

And then I slept until 1:00 p.m. and watched DVDs all day on Sunday, completely ignoring my laundry which is why I'm not at Pub Quiz at Four Courts tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home